POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 0.4 height field problem : Megapov 0.4 height field problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Megapov 0.4 height field problem
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Apr 2000 07:35:51
Message: <38E9D3F1.5929C6A5@inapg.inra.fr>
It seems that I've come across the height-field related problem that
cause Megapov to loop indefinitely in some cases. In a picture I'm
working on, Megapov stops every 100 lines or so...
I know that Nathan has found a fix for it (see his message from Feb, 7
titled "Re:Height field Krach") , but is there a workaround for this in
the current version ? I've tried removing the light buffers (-UL), to no
avail. There are other alternate or even drastic solutions (like
removing the offending height-field...), but I'd rather go for a proven
one before spending time in testing !

Gilles